Sunday, May 16, 2010

Undateable

I was watching a show called Undateable on VH1 this evening. It's based on a book called Undateable: 311 Things Guys Do That Guarantee They Won't Be Dating or Having Sex by Ellen Rakieten and Anne Coyle. It was a RIOT. Thank God I haven't encountered too many men guilty of any of these crimes against women. Well, I only saw 40 out of the 100 worst ones, so I'm sure there have been some others I've been subjected to. But it started me thinking about what my own list of undateable qualities would include. Here's one: toilet paper. Keep plenty on hand, and do not steal it from your place of employment. My ex used to do that, and he ran out right before I got there once. I went to Kroger and bought him (well, ME) TP for 81¢, including tax. I even had to start keeping a roll in my trunk in case I went to his house, and he had run out again! I know guys can be cheap, and he took an abnormal amount of pride in being cheap, but geezus, who can't afford 81¢?! And seriously, what would he have done had he had to take a poo, and there was no paper? Wipe his ass with the pages of the precious log home magazines he was always making the O face over? I shudder to think.

And since we're talking bathroom courtesy, here's something that will probably gross everyone out and make them wonder why I stayed with my ex as long as I did. One of the first times I went over to his place, I had to use the loo, and the one downstairs was pretty much always nonfunctional, so I went to the one upstairs. Dumbass had gone #2 earlier and somehow FORGOT to flush. Yeah, that's a level of intimacy I *never* want to reach with any guy, ever again. I should've dumped his arse a lot sooner, no pun intended.

No comments: